Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 23, 2012

Grateful and Thankful

I am grateful; I am able to acknowledge the “many mothers” who “fathered me”… I am grateful; I feel blessed to have experienced a number of generations of Sancho people and their friends and/or associates in the rural communities in British Guiana (Colonial Guyana). I am thankful; I can socialize with loved ones, immediate and other relatives without presenting a physical challenge or burden to their programs in their daily lives. I regret the fact that most of my beloved ones have migrated to the land of ancestors…I note that I am aware five(5) Sancho people have transitioned this year 2012 to date. I am grateful I to have bonded with cousins who were my brothers and sisters. I regret they and I have grown apart here in the USA. Thus it is immense pleasure I feel whenever I see their names and expressions on the electronic media and/or social networking sites on the World Wide Web…I enjoy the greatest pleasure whenever I notice members of the house of Alexander Sancho and Rachael Sancho acknowledging one another. I regret that they seldom ask me how they are related… I also delight in the fact that I have increasing access to information with respect to the events in the life of Bentick Sancho (Bentinck Sancho), and the aftermath of his migration to the land of ancestors; particularly the names of a number of his children…If Leebert Sancho is absolutely accurate; Bentick Sancho (Bentinck Sancho), is the remains buried their in the vault in Sancho plot; then none of his five children is buried there in the vault in Sancho plot in the cemetery at Golden Grove. The problem facing researchers would then be who is Sarah Sancho (maiden name)? Where is her remains interred? Is Emma Sancho also Adelaide Sancho (Abigail Sancho)? More questions than answers… I delight also that our relatives’ descendants of Sancho respond to my efforts of linking one to the other on the Social networking site. I regret my most beloved Uncle Oswald Sancho’s house is not well represented participants in this effort. I regret the fact that only a few known members of prior generations of Sancho are physically present in these current times. I miss Sancho who came and left; gone, before me…That fact never sits well with my consciousness... The number is far too much; too long, to be accommodated here…But, however, please allow me to mention a few of them; Muriel Sancho (my mother); Oswald Sancho (my Uncle); Margaret Sancho(my Aunt);Colin Ross (my brother); Toonka Sancho(my First Cousin); Boy Sancho and Frankie Rodrigues(my First Cousins, once removed); Brenda Abrams, Gwen Valentine, Sheila Sharper, and Bertie Sharper (my mother’s First Cousins) and Burchell Lutchman…. Long live the people of Sancho, whoever they are and wherever they are …

No comments:

Post a Comment