Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Noble Ross


Persons of Interests
Mary Maude McPherson, Blanche Ross-Semple, George E. Ross, Gwennette (perhaps Gwennette Hope , and resident in Georgia, USA) formerly resident at Springfield Boulevard, Cambria Heights, NY;  Violet (Leitch) Braithwaite, Cromwell Leitch, Leslie Leitch, and Ronald Leitch, Cecilia (Ross) Michaels and Ulric  Michaels (Sandvoort), Edmond Ross, Noble Ross, Jake Ross, Matilda Williams, Oscar Ross, James Ross, and Cromwell Ross
I recall  during 1975/1976 Terri Branch, residing at the street alongside the Le Repentir Cemetery at Charlestown. Her brother was an enlisted member of the GDF. Terri Branch was an instructor at Mac’s Commercial School in Newtown Kitty, where I met her. Dexter Sue-ho, Terry Milne and I were of D’ Company, GDF. Along with other soldiers were sent to learn to type and improve our office skills. You know young males  met young females and relationships are formed. I was particularly perturbed when Terri Branch broke off relations with me on the ground she and I are relatives as per my father. I remember I tried to encourage Miss Branch to form a union with me notwithstanding. Thereafter, She refused to cooperate with me. It got ugly. However, that claim  has not been proven.
 I also recall an absolutely attractive young dougla female residing behind Boon Benn, in the first street, a stone’s throw from the Newbourne Scotland residence at Nabaclis. I think she had a  sister a few years younger than herself. I also think the property was owned by Boon Benn. The mother was adamant that her daughter and I stop pursuing each other as per intimate relationship. He said to me, you are Sancho all-right but I see George Ross and Hopetown people in your face. You and my daughter are relatives. There was no further explanation.  She did not encourage her daughters and I to be friendly  . . . I need to be enlightened as per their names. Thereby, explore the possibilities of DNA links . . . 
I am also interested in Tate (Taite) resident at Stanleytown, New Amsterdam as per relatives of George Eleazar Ross. Mrs. Taite’s son is a US military veteran who returned to reside with his aging parents in  New Amsterdam.
I am also seeking the descendants of my grand Uncle Jake Ross of Rose Hall Town, Corentyne. I am told he has twin sons and at least one daughter. I wonder about Bunkcom Ross and numerous people surnamed Ross and Scot, I knew residents  on the Corentyne coast. A number of them are my father’s people.
Can you enlighten me respecting the origins of Cardigon Ross and his son, Archie Ross of Nabaclis and their generations, including Lorna Ross, Daphne Ross and the others? I cannot remember their names. One brother was married to Desire Douglas. They resided at Nabaclis and later off Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn, NYC. It never dawned on me to inquire as per their Ross’ ancestry, until last night, after all these years, I am now wondering whether Ross of Buxton is among their ancestry and/or other relations. I was reliably informed, last night, that my paternal great grandfather was birthed and resided at Buxton. He migrated to Hopetown. There he formed a life-long union with a member of the McPherson and Semple clan of the village.
Wow! small world and getting much smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment