Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

PESSIMISTIC AND OPTIMISM

PESSIMISTIC AND OPTIMISM - DISILLUSION, REGRET AND WISHES
I can't help it. I possess a great number of regrets and wishes. Thus it is with an overwhelming sense of regret that I wish numerous members of the kinship of Sancho were available to the current generations. Thereby the process of research and documentation of our Sancho family tree would have benefitted greatly from various sources of the oral traditions of our representatives of the past. I wish my mother, her siblings, and their First-Cousins were still here in the physical realm. The vast majority of the members of the kinship of Sancho whom I came to regard as the defining meaning of the word love have migrated to the Land of Ancestors. I cherish the fact that I bonded with Sheila Sharper, Bertie Sharper, Avril Sharper, Hilda Bradshaw, Mildred Patterson, Nora Bradshaw, Imelda Sancho, Winston Cosbert, Desmond Cosbert, Oswald Sancho, Charlie Sancho, Gwen Valentine, Belle Roberts, Gustavus Sancho, Burchell Lutchman, Muriel E. B. Sancho, Elsa Sancho, Margaret Sancho, Colin Ross, Frankie Rodrigues, Eddy Sancho, Donald Sancho, Bertrand Abrams, Aubrey Abrams, Brenda Abrams and Muriel Sancho. I cannot place a value on the opportunity to bond with Alexander Sancho and the members of his generations. I would have loved to witness the daily shenanigans of Edith Sharper, Clarence Sancho, and Christopher Bentick Sancho. I was simply not fortunate to possess such experiences at all. Dissatisfaction simply because I have not been able to decipher the following;
1. Is Lambert Tuckness Bentick-Sancho the name of the father of Bentick Sancho, John Sancho, Tuckness Sancho, and George Sancho?
2.Is Lambert Tuckness Bentick-Sancho the legal name of Bentick Sancho?
3.What are the names of the ancestors who set afoot in the colony of Demerara?
4.When did they do so?
5.What are the names of seven generations of ancestors surnamed Bentick, Campbell, Friday, Sancho, Solomon, and Young, and other hereto still unknown?
6.What are the vital statistics of James Campbell, Coolie Campbell, Rachael Campbell, Bentick Sancho, Mary Sancho, Lambert Tuckness Sancho, Alexander Gustavus Sancho, Walter Young, Walter Young, and Josephine Young and others?
7.Where in Barbados did our Campbell ancestors reside?
8.Who are the members of the kinships of Campbell and Young of Barbados that are our relatives?
9.What is the legal name of Papa Downer? He is the father of at lest three sons surnamed Sancho.
10.How is Papa Downer also known as Papa Sancho connected to the people of Sancho of Nabaclis and Golden Grove?
11.Will you attempt to fill in a number of questions I need ascertain their answers?
I am sure the fact that I know not the hour of my transition and what I would be able to accomplish, the task I set myself is somewhat an uphill and perplexing daily battle. Perhaps, amongst our people someone will come forward in the immediate future to continue whence I am removed from the physical realm has occupied my thoughts ever so frequently. I wonder, whether, our people would be able to take up the mantle. Would they be able to follow the efforts myself and others? Would the task many of us are attempting be in vain? I really don't have the confidence that our legacy will be preserved for the benefit of the generations of the immediate future much less for the generations several millenniums hence. I am also not at all pleased that I do not have the means necessary to really launch an all-out blitz in the effort to unpuzzle our ancestral heritage. More over, none seemed either concerned or committed to really approach the research and documentation process as it should by trying to communicate with every known connection to our people.
I am somewhat pleased with the fact that a number have responded to enquiries I made and/or have contacted me.
Again I am disappointed that today I have failed to connect with members of the kinships of Campbell, Sancho and young of St. Vincent - and the immediate relatives of Keith Sancho of Belmont, in Trinidad - and the members of the kinships of Sancho of eighteenth and nineteenth centuries of England. Please bear in mind I am not claiming relatives - such a thought would be very simply stated asininely. Also such an expression is reckless and disparaging my intelligence and furthers more disrespectful to all the generations of my ancestry and the members of my heritage. The idea is to know and not to believe. Could it be - that wherever Bentick Sancho came from our relatives still resides there and/or migrated elsewhere? Such a thought is plausible. I examined what I recalled been told to me by my dearest ancestor, Muriel Sancho(PBUH) and my dear First Cousin once removed, Cicely Abrams. Their stories differ, slightly. Theirs have more similarities than differences. Cousin Cecily’s accounting give rise to explanation of the remains of five unknown relatives of Bentick Sancho which are resting in peace in the vault in Sancho Plot at the cemetery at Golden Grove, East coast Demerara, and the numerous souls surnamed Sancho I noticed in various publications issued by the colonial government of British Guiana. I have in my possession a certificate of death of James Henry Sancho. He made the transition in Brooklyn, New York in April 1931. It states his father was also named James Sancho. The name of his mother is given as Catherine Abrams. I have not been able to make any direct link of James Sancho to any of four possible candidates; Bentick Sancho, John Sancho, Tuckness Sancho, and George Sancho. I am aware the same scenario exists for too many persons surnamed Sancho. Also I have not accessed further data on James Sancho and his wife Blanche Sancho who also resided in Brooklyn New York City in the 1930s.
I am disappointed but hopeful several break through will be made on several fronts in the not too distant future. My thinking is the process need to expedite. Our relatives ought to simply place my email address in their circle. You never who I may be able to contact and consult and identify. Thereby, improve our chances of gaining more knowledge of our people, hereto yet unknown. However, perhaps my greatest disillusionment second only to the fact our people have not continued the actions of Bentick Sancho, Tuckness Sancho, George Sancho, Friday Campbell, Pollidore Bentick, and Caesar Solomon. They are listed amongst the shareholders of Victoria, Buxton and Golden Grove, on the East Coast of Demerara. Thus, then they were about the possession of land. It is clear the basis of freedom on this planet is owning land. Our people wherever they reside must own their own homes. They must stop the business of renting, as soon as possible. They must also own the means of production. That’s in essence freedom.
The major disenchantment remains our failure to establish a not-for-profit Kinship of Sancho organization to foster our agenda and/or our interests. Does Sancho as the people have a common agenda? If the answer is, they do - Why not establish a vehicle as a means to an end?
Long live James Campbell, Coolie Campbell, Rachael Campbell, Bentick Sancho, Mary Sancho, Lambert Tuckness Sancho, Alexander Gustavus Sancho, Walter Young, Walter Young, and Josephine Young and all of our relatives.
Everlasting blessings and guidance to all of our people - the struggle continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment