Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 23, 2011

Refuting Preposterous Claims

Fragmentation in the Oral Traditions - Repudiating Kenneth Joyce Robertson - Refuting his Preposterous Claims
Peace and Blessings!Melanin dominant man of the world - know thy self - and take your proper place within our society - loving and with light. Greetings! In the name and the spirit of the ancestors; Muriel Sancho (1914-1990), Alexander Gustavus Sancho (1873 -1945), Lambert Tuckness Sancho (1849 -1924), and Bentick Sancho (died before April 16, 1884) and the others before them and all of our relatives.

MURIEL SANCHO
It appears that there were at least four females named Muriel Sancho. I am aware of two of them. I have accepted one is my biological mother. The other was a participant in my birthing process. Thus, I color her mother as well. Furthermore I spent prolong periods at her residences at Pleyt Anker on the East Bank of the Berbice River and at Friendship on the East Coast of Demerara. I have not yet identified the other two females named Muriel Sancho. I am of the opinion one resided at Queen Street in either Georgetown or Kitty and the other at Lodge on the East Bank of the Demerara River. It is possible the mother of Joe Budds is also a Miss Muriel Sancho. Her name is yet to be determined. I do not intend to mince words with any man. I have no humanity for those misrepresenting our people. I must object vociferously to any man disrespecting and dishonoring my mother, her siblings, her First Cousins, my grand father, my grand mother and the members of their generations. The members of my mother’s generation are my favorite people. I miss them. I knew Uncle Oswald Sancho (1922-1984) and Aunt Margaret Sancho (1916-1989) was wrong. There are no one, and no intercourse, there is nothing, in this world I could ever love that would prevent me from missing them. I do not speak for the people of Sancho. I speak for myself. I speak for my ancestors. I speak for Muriel Sancho (1914-1990), and Colin Ross (1954 -1981). I am aware; Muriel Sancho (1914-1990) waged a long uphill battle against ignorance and arrogance. I will speak with and for any person committed to truth of an ancient time. The present and the generations of the future must be pointed in the direction of acquiring knowledge of self. My mother is the light and the love of my universe. It may be rather selfish of me. I would much prefer her physical presence here upon earth regardless of the price I would have to pay. Perhaps, loneliness has taken leave of my senses. Nature has again been identified as the enemy of those amongst the physical realm of existence. As it turned out, after I obtained confirmation that my most beloved and prized person had migrated to the spiritual realm of existence, a few relatives offered me social services. They helped me to deal with my emotional distress. That’s the reality of my survival. I have one mother. I simply cannot survive another such episode. I don’t ever want to experience such anger, bitterness, emptiness, frustration, pain and loneliness again. Thus, I have no time for funerals. I was told I was birthed in the early hours of morning. Aunt Mary Dorothy Inez Sancho (1912-2003) and Cousin Muriel Sancho (1912-2004) were present in the room when I was born at Alexander Street, in the section of Smythtown, in the Town of New Amsterdam, in the County of Berbice in the Colony of British Guiana. I probably met my siblings in the light of day. Shortly, there after, I was introduced to Avril Sharper and Priscilla Sharper, and several other relatives in New Amsterdam.

HAPPY SHOPPING
Kenneth Joyce Robertson has painted a portrait suggesting Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho were complicit. They were deceitful beyond any scheme I have either heard or can imagine. Perhaps, his script would return a fair sum in the film industry. The premise Fothergill William and Frederick morphed into Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho are without foundation. There is simply no merit. There is no rational thought imaginable to neither believe nor accept such an argument.I would much rather deal with a situation whereby my mother was violated by strangers. I cannot understand the need for someone purporting to be our relative - mind raping my mother for posterity. It is such a shame that my loved ones are dragged into this sordid mess. And, most of all, this cultural pirate, has exposed himself as he attempts to rape my mother for posterity. It is lunacy. If you ever loved a member of the kinship of Sancho, please, in the spirit of my ancestors and their colleagues do me the favor and detach yourself. I find Kenneth Joyce Robertson a most revolting notorious malcontent, perpetuating and peddling confusion and frustration. After reading a note from Kenneth Joyce Robertson, I was initially excited. I was about to offer a few words of congratulations. However, in rapid succession several nagging images entered my thought process. There were images of deceased members of the kinship of Sancho. I am positive. I imagined Muriel Sancho (1914-1990) and her siblings, Sheila Sharper (1925-1977), Rashleigh Sharper (1915-1977), Muriel Sancho (1912-2004), Gwendolyn Valentine(1913-2006) and Brenda Abrams (1941-2006) in tears. Also, bits of conversations I had with Leebert Sancho, Joe Hughes, Felix Bastiani, and Olive Fraser and the note Cicely Abrams sent to me were amongst the identifiable images. I hesitantly decided to access the web site and the relevant links. I was utterly shocked. I was flabbergasted. I could not believe the text. I thought I misconstrued the contents. I read what Kenneth Joyce Robertson published respecting my recollections of indoctrination. I read the smearing of my mother. It is inconceivable. How could, any man regardless of sex, and much less a member of the kinship of Sancho would allow himself or herself to think about my mother in such fashion?By any circumstances what appears in print is a mockery of the physical existence of Alexander Sancho, Christopher Bentick Sancho, Emma Sancho and their daughters named in Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s abysmal text. I admit it. I am human. I allowed thoughts and actions of Kenneth Joyce Robertson violations of my loved ones to rent space in my thought process. It has been All Kenneth Joyce Robertson all the time since about the middle of November 2010. I forced myself to think of other things. He is seldom far from my thoughts. I am, perhaps, not handling this episode at all well. This is, for me, unknown ground. This is not about Kayla Sancho. He knew from that experience. I would not be putting up with his shenanigans. Yet, he has the nerve to send me a note, saying, “happy shopping.” That is the sort of contempt. That man holds my people. I do not know where Theophilus Joyce dragged that hog from and accepted him as Sancho. He should have thrown it back.I met Kenneth Joyce Robertson once. That unfortunate event transpired at the residence of my Cousin Phyllis Sancho at Ocean Avenue in Brooklyn in New York City. I had great difficulties recognizing the daughter of my uncle Selbourne Sancho. If she did not step to me, I would not have known who she really is. While I was in Phyllis Sancho’s apartment, Cousin Sydney Marious came through the door. He and I embraced. Well I knew Cousin Sydney Marious long before I had any sense. Cousin Sydney Marious and I date back to the numerous family gatherings held at his mothers’ residence, especially during the Christmas season. Kenneth Joyce Robertson followed. I offered my right hand toward him. He grabbed me in a sort of bear-hug manner. I had never seen him. It was said to me that he is a son of my beloved relative Theophilus Joyce. Before that encounter I was trying to ascertain his background. I was informed that he may not actually be a descendant of Sancho. A relative informed me, prior generations of females of the community, mentioned to her mother saying Margaret Sancho, (my aunt), and Joe Budds (the grandson of Christy Sancho, a brother of my grandfather) and Kenneth Joyce Robertson may not possess the DNA of Sancho. It was said grand Aunt Edith Sancho hit her high notes. She was greatly offended. I immediately asked the relative whether such thoughts were ever expressed concerning my mother. She said not to her knowledge. Then I told her in my humble opinion Aunt Margaret Sancho and Joe Budds were even more a member of the kinship of Sancho than I will ever be. And that’s my opinion. I never said a word about Kenneth Joyce Robertson. I reckoned Sancho males were known to be busy bedding other women besides their wives. It is thus possible that many of the Sancho men were given and accepted pig-a-bag. I don’t hug strangers even if they claim to have Sancho blood. It threw me off my equilibrium. The man has a propensity to offend me. He has not stopped. He has to be stopped. If it isn’t one thing with Robertson, it’s another. Let me see if I can accurately recall the names of persons whom he has used to my knowledge which has antagonized me; Harold Lutchman, Kayla Sancho, Neil Sancho, funeral of somebody I think in Brooklyn.It is Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s prerogative to print whatever he feels like so doing. He is a grown man. He must be prepared to deal with the consequences of his actions.It may be factual. It is certainly bizarrely plausibly. I refuse to accept the remotest possibility without convincing evidence. It is doubtful such evidence can be located. The simple reason remains. The Europeans were not in the business of preserving the ancestral heritage of their slaves. They were in the business of profits over people. Wait a minute. Africans were not considered human beings. Our representatives were considered heathens, and savages. In fact, even as late as 1857the Reverend Mr. William Hudson referred to inhabitants of Golden Grove as heathens. I do not know what the other descendants of Muriel Sancho and Alexander Sancho think about Kenneth Joyce Robertson astonishing assault upon the character of my mother. Quite frankly I do not care what they think. I long charge them with neglecting to the preservation of the accounts of her life and times. My mother always insisted I read what others write. Thereby form my own opinions. She insisted. You must always count your change. Do not be naïveté. Everyone is not of your best interests regardless whether I am a teacher and Sancho. It was all about Sancho - every waking minute that the reason I am all about Sancho. My mother concluded the folk songs ridicule every Sancho male. She disliked them immensely. She forbade me to sing them. I would dearly love to witness a publication on the life and times of Muriel Sancho. However, I have great difficulties accessing oral sources of data - most of her colleagues are dead and those who are alive are having great difficulty with their memory. Also I do not have the cooperation of my siblings and that fact is simply too nauseating for my stomach. There when I noticed my mother name I was overjoyed. Then as I read the commentary; I became perplexed. The question is why, why, Kenneth Joyce Robertson made the effort to belittle my mother’s integrity? What wrong has she done to Kenneth Joyce Robertson? I dare to conclude and state my beloved Cousin Tee Joyce would be appalled. He would repudiate such expressions. I am taken aback at Kenneth Joyce Robertson tone and interference respecting my most beloved ancestor Muriel Sancho. Why the attack upon the integrity of my mother? Why didn’t Kenneth Joyce Robertson consult with me respecting his take upon what I wrote respecting my mother account of her heritage? Kenneth Joyce Robertson wordplay is reminiscent of Thomas Anson Sancho butchery upon his grand father, our common ancestor, Lambert Tuckness Sancho in his publication Pages of Life. T. Anson Sancho did not even have the decency to spell our common ancestor name correctly. Why the attempt at denigration of my mother for posterity? Why the smear campaigns? What has she done to Kenneth Joyce Robertson? It is regrettable that Sancho continues to be derogatory to another in print and/or public. It is one thing to lambaste me. It is quite another to attempt to do so to my mother. I cannot begin to fathom why Carmen Sancho did not insist Kenneth Joyce Robertson alter such remarks concerning her aunt. I am told she read the manuscript. I do not know what I will say or do whenever if ever I met Kenneth Joyce Robertson and/or Carmen Sancho, again. I am sure. It would not be polite. How could it be? I am likely to make grand Aunt Edith Sancho sound like a church girlNow Kenneth Joyce Robertson has heaped scorn and ridicule upon my mother and me and Alexander Sancho, and Tuckness Sancho and members of generations of my mothers and prior ones.

FOTHERGILL, FREDERICK AND WILLIAM
The issue is not whether Kenneth Joyce Robertson is either right or wrong. He claims Bentick Sancho, John Sancho, and Tuckness Sancho is not biological brothers. He further states they are Fothergill, Frederick and William, the three are lieutenants of Damon in the passive resistance demonstration on the Arabian Coast in the County of Essequebo in August 1834. The contentions are the outrageously false statements Kenneth Joyce Robertson made respecting Muriel Sancho (1914-1990), Inez Sancho (1912-2003), Muriel Sancho (1912-2006) and Gwendolyn Valentine (1913-2008). I seriously doubt Robertson bonded with Muriel Sancho (1914-1990). I am not aware he ever spoke with Muriel Sancho (1914-1990). I am also stating that for the record I am not aware of Muriel Sancho (1914-1990), ever mentioning Robertson to me. Yet, I am familiar with our relative, Cousin Theophilus Joyce. I do recall going aback, on several occasions, at Golden Grove, on the East Coast of Demerara, in the company of Muriel Sancho (1914-1990), Charlie Sancho (1904-1971), Oswald Sancho (1922-1984), Elsa Sancho (1908-1966), Inez Sancho (1912-2003), Rashleigh Sharper (1915-1977), Sheila Sharper (1925-1977), and Theophilus Joyce (1902-?), and with other relatives. How upon this forsaken planet could Kenneth Joyce claim Muriel Sancho (1914-1990), left him something or another is beyond my imagination? He has apparently attempted to rape and sodomize my dearest ancestor and three of my mothers. That reality hurts me to the core of my existence.

YOU COULD FOOL SOME PEOPLE SOME TIME
Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s attempt at denigrating my mother, and her sister, and two of their First Cousins, and Alexander Gustavus Sancho and Christopher Bentick Sancho for posterity must be challenged in all courts at all costs. Kenneth Joyce Robertson exposes himself by naming one female Sancho who is still alive. I cannot determine which avenue she would choose. I would be very surprised if she chooses to challenge the nonsense. I simply wished Aunt Inez were still breathing. My dear Cousin Sydney Marious warned me to be careful of what I said of others. He should have told Kenneth Joyce Robertson to ensure I am dead and stinking before he published his trashing of my people of Sancho.Now in his text he made mention of my sister. The man did not have the virtue to spell her name correctly. I wondered about that. What did he intend to hide? Was he preparing to defeat libel suits? I am of the opinion. He could not be that dumb. He ought to know the exact spelling of my sister’s name. I bear testimony that somebody is lying. I was told Mariette sent a package to Ohio, which supposedly was written by Muriel with totally disregard and considerations of my effort in the process of researching and documenting the history of the people of Sancho. Both Sydney Marious and Mariette Ross told me that the writing of my mother was lost in the mail. The people in Ohio never received it. Page 30 of his text amounts to nothing more than an effort to dress his opinions of ancestral heritage Sancho as scholarship. Kenneth Joyce Robertson states he acquired his first glimpse of written testimony respecting a version of the history of Sancho from the hand of Mariette Ross as told to her by Muriel Sancho. I believe that a lie. I am not buying it for one moment. He has not established his case. I would rather throw my money at a crack head, no questions asked; no services required, than to give some venomous snake even one cent piece of copper of what will amount to thirty pieces of silver. Now, clearly somebody is lying. Perhaps the three of them are all lying.As I review my interactions with my sister, it very clear to me that perhaps beginning with the announcement of the death of John F. Kennedy my sister has not made me a main concern in her life. In simple words I recall where I was when I heard that John Kennedy was assassinated thanks to behavior of my sister. Therefore, although I do not have great faith in my sister, I am positive, Kenneth Joyce Robertson is lying. He knows I will not be deceived. You could fool some people sometime but you cannot fool all the people all the time. I am of the opinion he made a preemptive strike to contend with possible suits of libel. As they say in New York City, he has attempted to cover his ass.

POINTS OF CONTENTION
Now please allow me to exhibit the points of contention. Here is the text found on page 131 of the publication.

A MAN CALLED BENTINCK
“This, indeed, is a reference to Bentinck Sancho. There are actually two Bentinck Sanchos! The first Bentinck Sancho is at the center and focus of what can be called the Sancho Folklore. It encompasses the “known unknowns.” Quintessentially, we are looking at a whole series of questions. Then there is the second Bentinck Sancho which would deal with things that we do know. Even in this area of our endeavors, there are still loads of questions. The answers are there, except that we have not located, studied, and analyzed them yet. This body of work would be expected to be historical but factual. It will be expected to be substantiated by records - both public and/or private. For the past seven or more years of unstinting research, we have been intrigued by the “Ignatius Sancho Factor.” Our dear cousin Muriel Sancho Ross has left us with the proposition that there were three brothers Sancho, grandsons of the African “man of letters” Charles Ignatius Sancho of England. This theory is further presented as a genealogical fact, which is translated into making all the Sanchos of British Guiana, now Guyana. Descendants of Ignatius Sancho through his three “grandsons,” BENTINCK, Tuckness, and John.Despite the stellar scholastic achievements of Cousin Muriel and her love for this family, her pronouncements have left us with more questions than answers. Neither her sibling, dear Aunt Inez, nor Cousin Gwendolyn Valentine, nor our relative Ms. Riley could shed light upon, or had any knowledge of, the Ignatius Sancho fatherhood. Remember now, they are from that age group.Relentless searches at the FRC (Family Records Center) m London have not produced any birth records for Bentinck. Tuckness and John. At the same time, earlier parish records have divulged birth and baptismal records for the children of Ignatius Sancho. Going even further back the record of the marriage of Charles Ignatius Sancho to his beloved Ann Osborne is available..”
I can show you almost monthly updates I receive from various sources in the United Kingdom relatives to the release of updated content of the parish registers. All any one has to do is register their email address. I receive census and other updates including British Guiana Colonial Office papers from the National Archives at Kew. In fact, a few years ago, quite a commotion occurred when data of a case involving a number people also surnamed Sancho appeared along with three known children of Ignatius Sancho.
Here is his masterpiece – his conclusion. It is found on page 125.
This researcher, bias and all, fantasizes that there was a volume among those offered titled Sancho Letters with memoirs of his life by Joseph Jekyll, ESQ. MP London, Printed for Wm. Sancho, Number 20 Charles Street, Westminster, December 20, 1802. The fact that our prisoners would jointly and severally end up carrying the name Sancho indicates that the may have acquired some knowledge, even second hand about Ignatius Sancho, the African men of letters. I find it absurd that Kenneth Joyce Robertson in a single sentence, “Our dear cousin Muriel Sancho Ross has left us with the proposition that there were three brothers Sancho, grandsons of the African “man of letters” Charles Ignatius Sancho of England.”
Kenneth Joyce Robertson chooses of his own validation to use information which did not originate in his thought process. He did so without extending any courtesy whatsoever to the writer of the account referred to as originating from Muriel Sancho. Please remember that six of Muriel Sancho’s children are still alive. However, only her last child researches and documents his findings. Please understand I do not recall mother telling me about Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho after she moved her family from New Amsterdam. Thus, I wrote the piece utilizing what I imagined are recollections of childhood experiences. I do not know how much of it is accurately ascribed to my mother. And what came from reading the life and times of Ignatius Sancho. The intention was to obtain positive reactions in the attempt to locate and identify relatives of Sancho of Nabaclis. He chooses to begin the sentence with a phrase suggesting endearment. Yet he continued and concluded the sentence with three absolutely false statements. I have to question how upon earth he could refer to my mother as, “our dear cousin Muriel Sancho Ross” and then continue to ascribe malicious lies as originating from her.
I can assure you. Muriel Sancho (1914-1990) never mentioned the name Charles Ignatius Sancho to me. I concluded she never heard that name. My mother was aware of Charles Sancho, her brother. Yet research has turned up a Charles Sancho, son of Bentick Sancho and Sarah Sancho born about 1861. I believe Bentick Sancho and Sarah Sancho also has a daughter also named Sarah Sancho. I believe “Dear Aunt” Sarah Matilda Sandy was named in the honor of her mother’s sister. I also offer. Sydney Marious and I began to examine the possibility that Ignatius Sancho is our ancestor.
I was researching, in the winter of 1993, Slave rebellions in the Dutch colony of Berbice, in the Queens Borough Public Central Library, in New York. I was reading, John G. Stedman’s Narrative of a five-year expedition against the revolted Negroes of Surinam 1772-77 2 vols. 1796 reprinted Barre ed. p 1971. I saw the name Ignatius Sancho on page 275. I had heard similarity of fragments which can be described as comprising his legend. The fragments were handed down in the African oral tradition, in the Sancho family residing in Golden Grove, on the East Cost of Demerara, in British Guiana. I began to seek out researchers. I was trying to locate anyone who may have knowledge of the kinship of Sancho beyond the boundaries of Guyana. I also attempted to communicate with academics in the effort to ascertain whether they have knowledge of the descendants of Ignatius Sancho. I do not get it. How can that narrow-minded asinine being state Sancho of Guyana concluded and accepted as genealogical fact that they are descendants of Ignatius Sancho? What good is a western university accrediatation to a Negro if he cannot distinguish an enquiry from scientific evaluation to conclude what is and/or what not genealogical fact?
I met and held several discussions with Dr. Edward Scobie. He was employed at the Department of Black Studies, in the Division of Social Science at the College, the City University of New York. I met Dr. Leonard Jeffries on quite a number of occasions. In fact, it was Dr. Leonard Jeffries who mentioned that the Stedman book is one of his arsenals in his war bag. Dr. Scobie was expert in the field of Blacks in Britain. More over, Dr. Scobie was a great admirer of Dr. Walter Rodney, and Eusi Kwayana. He and I had lengthy conversations respecting the political situation in Guyana’s recent past. Dr. Scobie produced a program of compositions of Ignatius Sancho in 1958 at BBC. He told me he had a copy of a certificate of marriage showing a daughter of Ignatius Sancho and a son of William Stevenson were married. He promised to give me a copy of the certificate. He also promised to introduce me to Stevenson, a newspaper publisher and a descendant of Ignatius Sancho. After numerous visits with Dr. Scobie at City College with nothing tangible to show for my efforts, I stopped visiting the professor.

FRAGMENTATION IN THE ORAL TRADITIONS

It is a known fact that although children are birthed within a few years of each other they have different relationships with their parents and therefore possess fragments and opinions on the lives of their parents, and events of which they were eyewitnesses. Alwyn Sancho’s account of an event that transpired perhaps in 1940 differed from that of our Aunt Margaret Sancho respecting the identity of the relative, beneath the white sheet. Perhaps a bit of the event would serve to illustrate the story. The story goes the women of Alexander Sancho decided to do something to ensure their nephew and grandson refrain from being away form home after dark. They decided to scare him. Thus, a relative covered herself with a white sheet. She sat by the doorway upon the steps. The teenaged Alwyn approached. He was so scared. He hollered. Our grandfather. Allick Sancho was awoken. He was not amused by the antics of his women. It appears Papa Allick chided the females. Alwyn was then the apple of his eyes. Aunt Margaret said grand mother Rachel was under the sheet. However, Alwyn said it was Aunt Inez. He pointed out his grand mother and aunts were all in it together. I wished I had similar experiences. My date of birth has been identified as the culprit.I can assure you. There is no definitive account in oral traditions of Sancho. I resided for the better portion of the first twenty-six years of my sojourn in New Amsterdam, Corentyne Coast and in the Golden Grove-Nabaclis Village District. It is obvious. The oral traditions of the kinship of Sancho are microcosms of the effects of the adverse conditions of life the survivors of the Middle Passage faced on the plantations in the Americas. It is also factual that when migrations occur, fragmentation takes place amongst the people and ultimately the oral traditions reflect this fragmentation. Let examine a family group - shall we? I will choose the descendants of Alexander Sancho and Rachael Campbell to display the point I am attempting to make. If you approach the majority of the grand children, they would be hard pressed to accurately name the siblings of their Sancho parent. It is understandable when they fail to mention the tenth child of this union of Sancho and Campbell. Fragmentation begins to take place amongst siblings when they marry migrate and begin to raise their own families. I can assure you. There were the family gatherings at the residence of Aunt Elsa at Nabaclis. The participants of could not and cannot withstand fragmentation in the oral traditions. There are great differences amongst First Cousins. Every sensible person would expect a generation possessing some seventy-three persons and spanning forty-four years would reflect differences in their understanding of their Sancho family history.Also, I have copies of email correspondence sent from Sydney Marious to several relatives. One entitled the recollections of Cousin Gwendolyn Valentine, demonstrated that she was aware of the concept of three Sancho brothers. The email mentioned the names of the brothers as Bentick Sancho, John Sancho, and Robert Christopher Sancho. The email has a few errors respecting the exact family links. It shows;



  1. Lambert Tuckness Sancho and Mama Britton as the parents of Christopher Bentick Sancho and Edmund Sancho.

  2. Lambert Tuckness Sancho as the forefather of Annie Sophia Sandy.

  3. Robert Christopher Sancho as the father of Adelaide Sancho, Mama Sancho, Dora Sancho, Clarence Sancho and Limmie Sancho.

  4. Clarence Sancho as the father of Rogie Sancho, Henry, Emerson and May. However, I have not identified Kate, Auntie Lettie and the Wilshire.

I am afraid that won’t do. I know that does not satisfy the premise. The text possesses an appearance of research. It also displays fraud. I can assure you. I established the fact that Kenneth Joyce Robertson is a cheater. He copied from my writing wholesale, and thus an error I made appears in his text.. There is absolutely no schoolmaster of Golden Grove Wesleyan Methodist School named Joseph Alfred Trotman. That name is associated with data I published on my web logs. Also, that, error appears on numerous occasions prior to October 2004 in Sancho Web logs. It is a good thing I failed to correct them as I intended. That failure has shown me the likes of Kenneth Joyce Robertson that is totally abominable to me and other seekers of truth. In the old days they refereed to exercise performed by Kenneth Joyce Robertson as cogging. It is a term for cheating in the school system in British Guiana.


NAME CHANGES.


SANCHEZ OR SANCHEY TO SANCHO.


A few years ago I received an email from my cousin Sydney Marious, in which he stated Cousin Muriel Sancho (1912-2006) claimed our ancestors changed their surname from Sanchez or Sanchey to Sancho. I state Muriel Sancho never told me of any such occurrence. I have no such recollection. I dismissed it as perhaps a flashing thought of an aging mind.


LAMBERT TUCKNESS BENTICK-SANCHO TO BENTICK SANCHO


I read Cecily Abrams’ account. A name change is included in it.. She stated our family name was Bentick-Sancho. The hyphenated surname was changed to Sancho. Cousin Cicely Abrams stated Lambert Tuckness Bentick-Sancho came to the colony of Demerara in 1815 or 1817. He was 31 years old. He came with several sons. He married. He had another family. Bentick Sancho is quite possibly one of his sons. She stated that this is her recollection as told to her by Eileen Esme Sancho as told to Aunt Eileen Sancho by Lambert Tuckness Sancho, her father. She also said Lambert Tuckness Sancho wrote several articles on the history of Golden Grove. Further more. Fragments of what I considered as my mother’s account are echoed by that of Cousin Cicely Abrams. However, her first cousin’s impressions possess more beef as it were.I thought that Cecily Abrams’ account is likely the more accurate than the others I had heard.. Also, Cousin Muriel had possibly heard of a name change. It is likely that over the ensuing years had lost the exact information. After all she was more than ninety years old at the time she was interviewed. It is absurd to conclude Cousin Muriel and our relatives did in their life was research the people of Sancho. Come on now, get real, the thoughts of three ninety-year-olds must never be taken verbatim or as gospel. You are not an eyewitness. Even eyewitnesses seldom really reproduce the exact image of the reality. Eyewitnesses seldom are capable of giving fragments of the total picture in their accounting. The mind is not a recording machine. It is not the modern video recorder. And even when one uses those machines they have to capture scenes from several or various angles to be conclusive.Further more; I cannot imagine how he cannot see his accounting of the origins of Sancho fall step for step in line with what I imagine my mother repeatedly told me. His shortcomings are really truly noticeable. Even Stevie wonder could see that clear enough. However, his claims do not explain fragments of Cicely Abrams accounting of the people of Sancho.


PERSONALITIES OF GOLDEN GROVE AND NABACLIS.


I am yet to access and read an outstanding work on the history of the peopling of the plantations Golden Grove, Nabaclis, Haslington, and Victoria. The best work I accessed is Eusi Kwayana’s Buxton and friendship in Print and Memory. . James Rodway published an article stating Nabaclis is the only Irish settlement in Demerara. It is the best I have accessed. James Rodway illuminated the origins of the name Nabaclis. He shows that Letroy Cummings is another horrendous liar. What are the chances Europeans would name their plantation after a slave? Leopold Duncan Sarrabo’s article was simply a venture of self-promotion. He highlighted his contributions to the development of the community. Mr. Sarrabo made numerous errors. It was so shocking to note that Mr. Sarrabo would state Manoel G. Pitta was the first chairman of the local authority of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District. Mr. Sarrabo ought to have known that Adam Ridley was unanimously elected the first chairman of the local authority of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District. Adam Ridley was forced to resign. He was not prosecuted for committing fraud. Ridley was replaced by Pitta.I was worried about evil-minds and the possibility of identifies theft. Those involved in the process of genealogical research, must be concerned with the possibility of theft of identity. I continued hoping no one chose to attempt to violate our people.. I did not expect two legged snakes would be someone who claims to be Sancho. The raping of Sancho females and selling fragments of our legacy is totally repulsive.. He claims he is an honest researcher. His attempt to impress an unsuspecting public is an embarrassment.. I would be remiss if I did not appeal to our people of Sancho to be aware of the Niggers amongst us. Let them be forbidden. I am aware of one being attempting to profit from selling what he purports to be the ancestral legacy of the people of Sancho as it was during the days of slavery. No member of the kinship of Sancho should stand by such dastardly deeds. There is no need to re-enslave the people of Sancho. There is no excuse to possess a mind set, which exposes mental slavery at this late date. I challenge all to free their domes. I challenge you to acquire a mentality of thinking for self. I challenge you to aspire to possess an open mind.


COMPREHENSIVE RESEARCH IS NECESSARY


MY mother represents the best of me. I am sure neither mother nor George E. Ross ever lied to me. I am saying that my parent never deliberately deceived me. They simply tried to hand down to me whatever it is that they received in their lives from their prior generations which they assumed were useful to instill in me a sense of direction and a sense of oneself. The published reports I found revealed the names of some thirty unknown persons that are surnamed Sancho, in the Daily Chronicle, 1881-1897. A number of them hailed from the communities of Golden Grove, Nabaclis, Victoria, Friendship and Buxton and elsewhere on the East Coast of Demerara, Corentyne and Canje. It has not been established that Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho left any documentation to be utilized as evidence of their ancestors. Imagine the maiden names of their spouses are still a mystery to the people of Sancho. I believe Bentick Sancho was at least twice married. I also believe he participated in processes of procreation which resulted with the birthing of more than four children. It is understood that John Sancho brought into existence numerous children. I believe only Catherine Elizabeth Virginia Sancho (Mrs. Thomas Arthur Archer) is known to be identified as his child. However, I am of the opinion. Emily Callaghan is the ancestor of the members of the kinships of Lutchman, Seymour, Graham, and Europe among others. Adelaide Sancho (the ancestor of the members of the kinship of Luke), John Sancho, James Sancho (born 1873), Ann Sancho and Lindsey Sancho of Trinidad and Tobago are numbered amongst the children of John Sancho.I do not know the names of the children of Tuckness Sancho. I believe this Tuckness Sancho is the father of Swanton Blarie Sancho, the members of the kinship of Gill of the Buxton-Friendship Village District, David Sancho, and the husband of Sarah Adams Sancho, and the ancestor of Station Master Pilgrim, and dispenser Abrams.Priority must be given to the process leading to unearthing the identities of four children and several mothers of the children of Lambert Tuckness Sancho. It is quite possible as many as nine females are mothers of children and four children of Lambert Tuckness Sancho remain unknown. The mothers of Benjamin Sancho and the mother of Teasie Johnson and Sarah Johnson and Agnes Bastiani is said to be East Indians. I believe Tuckness Sancho also begot children with Portuguese females. Such a scenario has not been confirmed.Also, the descendants of Cecil Sandy and Cecily Sandy must be revealed to Sancho researchers in a most vivid imagery. I do not know if any of the three is accurate. I do not know if one of the three is accurate. I never met Bentick Sancho. I called upon the spirit of Bentick Sancho to guide me. I cannot state whether that has occurred. I know it’s an African concept of life experiences. The ancestor is the very reason why I am here today in the first place. I can never forget that fact. It is said African call upon their ancestors for guidance for various reasons.Absolutely, nothing has been resolved. You and I still do not know what group of people Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho belonged to in our natural habitat. A number of our people have offered their opinions. Some stated Sancho originated in the Congo, Madagascar, Sierra Leone, and Yoruba land. I also heard Sancho are Moors deported from Spain. One must also make allowance for scanty record keeping respecting black people brought from Africa and enslaved in the Americas and Europe. You must bear in mind that the preservation of our heritage was not in the interest of slave owners. Their emphases were strictly profits over people. In fact, our representatives were thought of and treated as property and not as human beings. They were real estate.The issue of the identity of Mary Sancho can easily be resolved. I believe the birth records of Lambert Tuckness Sancho and his sister Mary Sancho would show the maiden name of Mrs. Bentick Sancho. The name of Sancho interred in Sancho Plot at the cemetery at Golden Grove in 1849 remains unknown. I am told that the remains of that relative were the first to be buried in that cemetery.



FOTHERGILL TO BENTICK SANCHO


Why would Lambert Tuckness Sancho tell his descendants about Lambert Tuckness Bentick -Sancho if he was aware that Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho were previously Fothergill, Frederick, and William? It is clear to me; Lambert Tuckness Sancho had no knowledge of Fothergill, Frederick, and William except perhaps what he learnt respecting the Passive Resistance Demonstration on the Essequebo Coast in August 1834In the scenario of the children of Muriel Sancho, I can assure you, I can only recall hearing my elder sister seeking knowledge of her past. On the last occasion, my mother, my sister, my nephew David and I reclined in St. Hubert . I am quite positive my sister made notes. I heard she lost those notes in the mail to our relative in Toledo, Ohio. I am saying people ask different questions to different people regardless of their age. Therefore, siblings often exhibit difference in their understanding.Kenneth Joyce Robertson has revealed himself. He is simply another cultural pirate. He has told me. He is not only rude but he is also ridiculous. He is a blatant and malicious liar. I state he is physically disadvantaged he has revealed a propensity of a brain malfunction. I had been warned but I must admit I was completely shocked by his verbal attack upon the integrity of my most beloved ancestor, Muriel Sancho (1914-1990). I find it even more atrocious that he has attempted to indicate my mother as a whimsical being by purporting to invoke the names of her relatives whom I regard as my mothers in his absurd take as evidence against her. If it were not, my relatives were being mentioned, I would have assumed that portion of the text was simply some sort of comic fictional take the workings of a diabolical mind. If the above statements do not wreck both arrogance and ignorance I really do know what does and/or what gives with that imbecile Kenneth Joyce Robertson. It is my understanding. Muriel Sancho (1912-2006) said the Name Change was from Sanchez or Sankey to Sancho. The fact remains it seems there was some mention of name change in the Sancho heritage. However, my mother never mentioned such a scenario to me. Cousin Gwendolyn is believed to have stated Bentick John and Robert Christopher Sancho are the names of the three brothers. Again only an irresponsible person would take the wordings of ninety years old as totally accurate. What all they did in their lives was to reminiscence on the people of Sancho and/or what they had been told? How absurd. Any way I have not found a Robert Christopher Sancho. I have turned up Robert Johnstone Sancho. I am sure there were at least two persons with such a name. I expected facts. I expected sources of data. To be quite frank except for seeking data and/or sources of data and also information respecting the people of Samuels I would be careless about the publication. I must also admit a man must know what evil thoughts to lurk in the minds of others. Muriel Sancho was far from whimsical. I verified a number of things she told me. I have not found proof that Sarah Denbow is my relative. I have not found concrete proof of three Sancho brothers came from England. I believe her for I noticed two letters written by Lambert Tuckness Sancho in the early 1880s. Our Cousin Cicely Abrams’ take gives me great hope that the five unknown members of the kinship of Sancho buried in the vault at the cemetery in Golden Grove will be one day is revealed. I hope in the not too distant future. Also many persons have stated that Sancho migrated from Golden Grove / Buxton to Canje and the Corentyne and Suriname and French Guiana. Felix Bastiani, Olive Fraser and others have the same story as told to them by their ancestors. Boatswain, and Fraser, and others have Sancho DNA.Yes it true many slaves had the one name; Sancho. What occurred after the abolition of slavery on August 1, 1838? Many slaves took the slave masters names or some other European names for their surnames. The consensus is clear the people of Sancho today have no concrete data disclosing where our ancestors came from. Also, I am with the Sumner ancestry. I am not with the porter take. I am with a great great-grandmother Mary Sancho being a descendant of that brutal overseer Thomas Sumner. I believe Mary Sumner is the maiden name of the grandmother of Alexander Sancho. Unless I see birth certificates of her children; Mary Sancho and Lambert Tuckness Sancho stating otherwise that what I will use as my thesis. I need to ascertain whether there were two persons named Bentick Sancho, alive in 1861. Could it be Bentick Sancho simply had several children mothers? Are there more attacks upon the people of Sancho in the publication? Heavens forbid it. I really hope not. I am sick of reading Sancho attacking Sancho in print and in the judicial system in Guyana. Perhaps Kenneth Joyce Robertson would deem it fit to reedit that publication whenever there a second publishing Kenneth Joyce Robertson needs to change or remove the commentary upon my mother. It is not accurate. He knows it is false. That would likely be the end of that. I will look up the sources of data. Kenneth Joyce Robertson could have saved me the time by sending me extract then again. It is Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s prerogative....



CONCLUSION


There is no convincing evidence on this matter. These charges are all unsubstantiated. The claims could best be described as standing on the shaky ground of opinions with little circumstantial evidence. The miscues and discrepancies are numerous. The thought process is despicable. It is slander, defamation of character. It must be considered libel.Kenneth Joyce Robertson can be best dismissed as self - centered. His focus and conclusions are totally disturbing. It can be best said portions of Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s tome reflect an attempt at diligence and determination. That’s quite an attribute which may very be his best. His take on Sancho is so putrid. It seems the reflection of an ambitious man trying desperately to prove he belongs amongst a group of people. I refuse to buy into that nonsense. I am referring to the fashionable businesses of denigrating persons whom you claim in one breathe to love but thoughts and actions never lie. Is it not often said the eyes never lie?It remains very difficult for me to accept that Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho deliberately and of their own free will deceived their children and grand children. Bentick Sancho was afforded the opportunity to bond with Charles Sancho, Sarah Sancho, Lambert Tuckness Sancho, and Mary Sancho and Alexander Gustavus Sancho and other relatives. It is possible. He chose to deceive our relatives. There is no excuse. Such a scenario is absolutely reprehensible behavior. It is totally unacceptable. There was no need for such a scenario. I cannot for the life in me, fathom what sort of man would commit such an atrocious act against his own seed and human legacy. There are no words to describe such a being. I must further add the concept is outrageous. It is an abomination. However, I cannot state that it is not factual. There can be no absolute statement either way. Fothergill, Frederick, and William mean absolutely nothing to me. I do not want to waste my few hours I have left on this earth researching Fothergill, Frederick, and William. I do want to be trying to locate relatives of Fothergill, Frederick, and William. Where is the evidence? Who and where are the descendants and/or relatives of the relatives of Fothergill, Frederick, and William on the West Coast of the Essequebo River? Who could provide DNA evidence of Fothergill, Frederick, and William? Kenneth Joyce Robertson failed to reproduce evidence which demonstrated Fothergill, Frederick, and William assumed the identity of Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho.Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s opinions are perhaps bizarrely plausible. But is it hallucination? It is quite feasible that Fothergill, Frederick, and William may have heard the story of Ignatius Sancho. They may have even read his writings while being on hold in the United Kingdom in 1835/1836. Therefore, Fothergill, Frederick, and William may choose to adopt his name and his story as their own. If Fothergill, Frederick, and William assumed the story of Ignatius Sancho as their ancestral legacy, then certainly did their descendants an unmanageable disservice. It is forgery. It is fraudulent. Therefore Fothergill, Frederick, and William must not be admired but condemned for so doing. However, if Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s remarkable narrative is proven beyond a shadow of doubt, then, what becomes of the oral tradition of Sancho? Are the current generations and future generations, to abandon the connections made in the nineteenth century? I am not with that. Therefore if I am to spend my hard earned dollars on Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s book it better be littered with sources of information, proven content and not heresy. It better is adulterated blasphemy. It better contains scientific proof. If the text is as revolting as that found in the preview; I would enlighten Kenneth Joyce Robertson by all means necessary as would be Muriel Sancho and her sisters, and brothers, especially Oswald Sancho and their father, Allick Sancho, two generations before me. That man Kenneth Joyce Robertson has reproduced what amounts to conjecture. He mentioned absolutely no confirmation showing Fothergill. Frederick and William became Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho. There is not one shred of scientific verification identifying Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho as Fothergill, Frederick and William. The suggestions are superficial at best. It is plausible but not beyond shadow of doubt. I am not relieved. It is quite possible Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho could well be Fothergill, Frederick and William. You must remember you and I were not eyewitnesses. There are indeed all the ingredients necessary for those three to attempt to deceive all future generations of our people. Most troubling respecting Bentick Sancho, I am reminded by Leebert Sancho, that there are no dates of birth and death on his grave. More over me am not aware that Bentick Sancho left any correspondence informing us who he really is. Certainly, there are no eye-witness alive today to any of the major events in the life of Bentick Sancho. I assuming Bentick Sancho knew how to use a pen and paper. Certainly, it is know his son Lambert Tuckness Sancho mastered the rudiments of English Language. He is known to have written a few letters which were printed in the newspapers. One must also bear in mind it appears that Bentick Sancho resided at Friendship Village at some point before moving to Paradise. Perhaps, the case against James Rodney will reveal the role Bentick Sancho played in the riots at Friendship village in 1860s. I also think the Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society correspondence and that of the synod may reveal relevant data concerning Bentick Sancho and other now unknown Sanchos.



KNOWN UNKNOWNS


What’s ideology behind “Known unknowns”? It is such a strange usage of words, only a self-centered mind set would dare to attempt such mockery of English language. Despite the lack of factual evidence, scientific evidence and/or other forms of concrete proof that man Kenneth Joyce Robertson chose to violate to rape my mother, my aunt, and their First Cousins Gwendolyn and Muriel. He also violated my grandfather Allick Sancho and my elder sister. I would recommend an all out effort is made to research, and verify the data as accurately as humanly possible. What a swell guy? How could I be a son of my mother and allow such violation? I know Kenneth Joyce Robertson is considered by a number of the people of Sancho as member of the kinship of Sancho. However, it is unknown whether he actually possesses the DNA of Sancho. This is indeed a very valid point. I know at least three persons who do not have DNA of Sancho but utilize the Sancho surname simply because it’s the surname of their mother’s husband. I sought refuge and slept on grave of Allick Sancho at all hours of day and night. Why would I worry about some crippled minded person? He deserved a most horrifying exit as any enemy of the people of Sancho. Don’t you think?I boldly claim I have no knowledge of my mother doing or saying anything that would embarrass me. I heard of one man. He is known to be the father of her children. I am sure only a few of you can say that of your mother. Here comes this want-to-be Sancho attempting to undress my mother for posterity. Why is it you are not doing something about it is beyond me? His text displays no concrete evidence. There is nothing to conclude Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho are Fothergill, Frederick and William. It is conjecture. There is no proof. There is no doubt that I am Sancho. I am quite certain I possess the DNA of Muriel Sancho, of Alexander Sancho, of Lambert Tuckness Sancho, of Bentick Sancho, and others before them. The question which begs to be answered - does Kenneth Joyce Robertson? DNA test could solve some questions. DNA testing does not do so absolutely. DNA results, cannot replace the human touch; the bonding amongst people who understood them to be closely related. I want retribution for Kenneth Joyce Robertson’s despicable thoughts and actions against my dearest ancestor, my grand father, aunt, my mothers and other loved ones vilified and denigrated.Now is the time of decision. It is time to eradicate the snakes from amongst the people of Sancho. There it is

No comments:

Post a Comment