Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Do you think Parents treat their children equally

My mother and I had a unique relationship. It was apparently a different relationship than she had with her other children. We seemed to be debating more than one important question or some trivial pursuit or another. I am quite certain such as it was amounted to the development my consciousness and rational thought process.
Do parents have a favorite child or children? Is it at all possible for a parent not to have a favorite child or children? Do parents treat their children equally?
As far back as I can clearly remember; I have always accused, indicted and found my mother guilty of displaying preference to first born over the six others. It was very clear to me that, whenever I presented the evidence against her; she would offer up what to my simple mind set amounted to excuses. I thought her most confounding and certainly most absurd statements I ever heard my mother utter are she loves all of her children equally. She repeatedly claims she has no preference of one to the other. I strongly doubt a human being without favorites has ever existed. It’s simply not possible.
I also took opposition to statements she would utter whenever she was administering punishment to me which amounted to – it hurts her more than it hurt me – but still the blows rained upon my physical until she was exhausted. I always wondered if she was hurting more than I; then, why was she continuing to tear up my hide until I was so bumped and bruised I could not dare to sit down.
In my thought process such claims were fraudulent. I always concluded. It’s not what the mouth says but what the actions reveal. I have always protested on such accountings. To this very day, I am absolutely certain I am correct.
Thus, I do not have high regard for any mother, or father who hands me the line. They have no preference of one child over the other. I conclude they are in denial and such a scenario is simply not at possible.
I have favorites amongst my siblings. I have favorites amongst the people of Sancho. I prefer my relatives who are younger than I, my mother’s siblings and the females of my mother’s generation whom I bonded with especially in Golden Grove and Nabaclis above and beyond all others with one exception Bouya Sharper.
Thus, I hold parents possessing favorites amongst their children to be a logical conclusion. I hold bias and prejudice to be a common feature amongst all creatures on earth.
Do you agree or disagree with me? You do not need to mention which child you prefer to the others. Simply say agreed or disagreed....

No comments:

Post a Comment