Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 20, 2010

cowards refuse to think for themselves

We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are ...Anais Nin
It’s not about me
The vast majority of people who claim to believe in the Bible have never read the Bible from cover to cover.
Politicians, for the most part, exhibit a self-absorbed perspective. They treat the electorate as they simply exist to serve them in their selfish pursuit of personal fulfillment.
Have you ever wondered - why is this happening to me? Why am I having such a difficult time? Is it factual that life is supposed to be difficult? Is it true - that character development and not comfort is the ultimate goal of human life experience here on earth?

At some point prior to my sixteenth birthday, numerous East Indian males, gathered themselves together at the bridge at No. # 66 Creek, on the Corentyne Coast in Guyana. They plotted. They had conspired on the words of Samuel Gopaul of No. #68 village. Those cowards refused to simply think for themselves. They concluded they ought to bring my very physical existence to a very bloody and violent end. Their only problem was their would be victim simply refused to cooperate. Those gullible racists were so ignorant. They perhaps assumed, I only read academic publications which were recommended for usage in the curriculum of the school system in Guyana. However, I also did extensive reading of texts on subjects of military and guerrilla warfare. Their arrogance betrayed their schemes. I refused to be trapped and caught. My representatives were hunted, trapped, caught and shipped across the Middle Passage and enslaved in the Americas. Would allow myself to be caught under the cover of darkness? Besides murder - what was they thinking? All Niggers are stupid -Isn’t that what they say - is not that parts of their racist stereotype rhetoric? Well they did not realize they were attempting to victimize an autochthonous being of earth. As a youngster, I was well aware of the pattern of behaviors of fanatics. I recognized the danger. I made a quick note of their positions on the bridge and on the banks of the creek. I decided on a course of action. I calmly and coolly ran toward the would-be assailants. Then I turned right. I plunged between the metal of the side of the bridge into the creek between two fishing boats. I stayed on the bottom of the creek feeling for nets. I was not certain if they were smart enough to consider placing nets used for catching fishes to try to entangle me beneath the surface of the waters of the creek. Just as I assumed there was none. Thus, it was a cake walk to safety. I was certain a Comanche Dog soldier would have done in a similar situation. I made good my escape. I arrived within three hours of that attempt on my life, amongst my people at Nabaclis. All’s well that ends well - however, I will neither forget nor forgive that experience. It was rather unfortunate and totally unnecessary . . . I never attempted to defrock any East Indian female on the Corentyne Coast. The reports were of gross exaggerations. Chitrani resided at No# 66 village. She was very attractive young female. She was my classmate at No# 68 Government school. We were in common entrance class. Raymond Drepaul was our teacher. I know simply because I was the son of the Head Mistress, most of the pupils were rather friendly with me. However, when I returned to the Corentyne to attend Skeldon Line Path Government Secondary School I noticed most of that attention had disappeared. The simple truth was I never entertained any ideas of trying to be intimate with Indian females. My eyes and heart was fixed upon the possibilities Claudette Francis and Ingrid Savory. They never really were more than polite towards me. I realize that was because of the character of my mother. They simply had no interest in being within an arms length of me. Denise was the only girl friend I ever knew on the Corentyne. She was a from Golden Grove. She was residing at the home of relatives at Leeds. That’s it...The truth of the matter is racists are dangerous people...Their sole purpose is to violate human rights of people whom they conclude has not right to life or property.

No comments:

Post a Comment