Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Seasons’ Greetings

Peace and Blessings! Seasons’ Greetings to one and all and their loved ones.
At this point of my life and especially at this period of the year, I would love to pay homage and thank numerous persons, and/or their immediate relatives for their efforts in accommodating my mother, my brother Colin and me in many ways throughout the years. I must acknowledge that neither mother nor Colin is in the physical realm of existence. Thus, they cannot personally thank those who made contributions to our welfare. I am still breathing. I am armed with a sober mind. I am filled with gratitude - and love for all of the people who made life worthwhile for my mother and her loved ones.
Therefore without much further ado I would like to recall a number of the people who I am sure are all well deserving of note for all they have done to enhance the lives of my mother, Colin and me.
Firstly, I thank numerous relatives, and friends of the community of Golden Grove, Nabaclis and Haslington, and elsewhere. Special mention must be made of the children of Tappin Elliott and Sophia Elliott and their descendants. Also, the kinship of Bristol, most especially Olga Dover and her generations. The people of Sumner, especially the kinship of Adams, the descendants of Baba Sumner, Kreek Sumner and others and their generations . . .
Mrs. Munroe English and her sister Elfreda Henry and their generations . . .
The kinship of Trotman - especially Brandford Trotman, Doreen, Daphne, Dorothy, Rashleigh, Dood, the schoolmasters - and all of his generations . . .
The people of Sarrabo - particularly Leopold Duncan Sarrabo and all of their generations . . .
Donald Adolphus Thomas Jones, the grand old man and the renown District Correspondent for the Daily Chronicle of the Upper East Coast region, from Plantation Enmore to Cane Grove - and his people . . . The kinship of Morrison . . . The kinship of Savory . . . the generations of the people of Benn . . . The people of Sampson . . . The people of Elias and others . . . County Sergeant Major Thompson and all of his generations . . .

SCHOOLMASTERS
James Alfred Trotman and Donald Ashley Bevel Trotman (schoolmasters of Golden Grove Wesleyan/Methodist School) . . .
The Third Batch at Teachers’ Training College, 1932-1934 . . .
Hubert Alfred Thompson and Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne (schoolmasters at St. Andrews’ Episcopal/ Anglican School, Plantation Cove & John) . . .
Paul Branco (schoolmaster at Port Mourant Roman Catholic School) . . .
Mr. Bourne (schoolmaster at Blairmont) . . .
Harold Christopher Scarder (schoolmaster at St. Patrick’s Anglican School, Plantation Rose Hall, Canje) . . .
Henry T. Chin and Winslade Simon (schoolmasters at Cumberland Methodist School, Canje) . . . James Donald Ainsworth and Leslie Redvers Dolphin Ainsworth (schoolmasters of Victoria Wesleyan and Golden Grove Methodist Schools) . . .
Joseph Parkinson . . . Prince Josephus Patterson and Cecil Patterson . . .
Winifred Gaskin . . . Shirley Field-Ridley . . . Joseph Oscar FitzClarence Haynes . . . Fred Wills . . . W. O. R. Kendall

The Savory family and the Tucker family (# 65 Village, Corentyne) . . .
Maharajin and her son and their people . . . the Francis family (# 68 Village, Corentyne) . . .
Joe Dulam and the Dulam people (# 64 Village, Corentyne) . . .

Mrs. Chin-A-Loy and her sister Mrs. Alphonso and their people . . .
Rohan Kanhai, and Raymond Drepaul and the other pupils at Port Mourant Roman Catholic School . . .
Roy Fredericks and the other pupils at Blairmont . . .
Alwyn Trotman, Carl Austin, Benjamin Solomon and the other pupils at Golden Grove Wesleyan/Methodist School . . .
Iris Stephens and Dorothy Trotman, Lambert Adams, George Hinds, Phyllis Sancho and the other pupils at St. Andrews’ Episcopal/ Anglican School . . .
The pupils, teachers, members of the Parent-Teachers Association and the community at No # 68 Government School . . .
The people of the Villages # 64, # 65, # 66, # 67, # 68, # 69, Fyrish, Rose Hall, Port Mourant, Springlands and Long Road on the Corentyne Coast . . . Special mention must be made of the people of # 67 and # 68, who allowed her to enter into their homes while she was the District Census Officer in 1969 . . .
The kinship of Sandy of the Villages # 64, # 65, and # 68, on the Corentyne coast . . .
Sankat, King, Bhagroo, Dhanraj, Henry, and Jattan and a few others of the school masters of the Upper Corentyne, September 1966 - July 1972 . . . Who are I missing? I think head masters of Orealla, and Skeldon Scots and Anglican schools. Will you name them?
Hemraj, # 67 village, a schoolteacher at Skeldon Line Path Government Secondary School . . . Patto Jagan, George Moonsar, Yasmin Ramnarin . . .

If I omitted anyone, it’s not personal. It’s simply the result of the process of aging. Thus, feel free to remind me as soon as possible . . .
Iris Austin and the people of central Wesleyan Methodist Church at Main Street in New Amsterdam . . .Eustace A. V. Wilson, E. A. Chapman, W. O. R. Kendall, Jacob Stanford Ralph, his wife and children and all of their generations . . .

The people of Blairmont, Cumberland, Rose Hall; Canje, Rose Hall; Corentyne, Fyrish Springlands and Long Road . . .
I thank you and/or your descendants on your behalf - on the behalf of my mother, my siblings and myself.
Again I appreciate you for welcoming me with open arms regardless of the unnecessary headaches I caused you. I love you and your descendants without any conditions - whatsoever. I pray that the day will come when the world would be made aware of the people of Sancho - not only as a microcosm of autochthonous people and deeply melaninated people of earth but as people who stand for the greatest good of man - in the human experience . . . Eusi Kwayana, by any name, I simply wish I was your student at County High School. I consider you one of my mentors . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment